Phone randomly shuts off (2.1)Support

Last Updated:

1. neutron

neutron Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is odd. I updated to 2.1 yesterday (Official 2.1, recover 3.0.8., rootv7) and today it's shut off twice randomly. I have to pull the battery to get it to power back up.

Advertisement
  2. kevinrs

kevinrs Well-Known Member

I reported the same in the 2.1 update thread, have had it happen 4 times so far.
    Actually, I don't think the phone is actually off, since calling to the phone does not go straight to voicemail, the caller hears multiple rings.

3. dreze88

dreze88 Well-Known Member

Reflash and start over, the only thing you can do.

4. kevinrs

so, you think it is a data error in writing the update to the phone or something?

5. dreze88

dreze88 Well-Known Member

It could be. This has happened to me before. I reflashed, voila, never happened again.

6. kevinrs

guess I'll have to try tonight, on another topic, just had first airplane mode lock since the update.
    I've noticed a pattern to the airplaneproblem, first, data programs will stop getting data, timing out and finding no connection, before any other sign of a problem, attempting to make a call at this time, the dialer does attempt to dial and fails, after a few minutes, an attempt to place a call gives the message that the phone is in airplane mode.

7. PhilG

PhilG Member

This phantom airplane mode has happened to me three times since the upgrade on Friday. I've tried putting it into airplane mode and taking it out...no change. A full reset is the only thing that works. Also gps seems to be very much slower than before the upgrade. In Maps it seems to freeze until I touch the screen. Odd, indeed.

8. droid26

droid26 Well-Known Member

im experiencing the same issues on 2.1. just not the airplane mode. maps seemed to have worked better on cl14. this is irritating

9. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

I had the random reboot 4 times in 1 hour about 4 hours after updating... Did a hard reset and everything has been golden since - no airplane mode and no resets.

Doing my wife's tonight, I'll post if it's the same or not.