Phone really warm this morning?Support

Last Updated:

1. Markhypnos

Markhypnos Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

Woke up this morning to my alarm and phone was really warm, ive had it for a few weeks and im used to it getting warm when im using it but not while its been on the floor overnight.

I allways set my alarm and place the phone face down so I can hear it in the morning (I wear earpulgs)

I set the phone to snooze and 10 mins later it was fine. What could be causing this?

Advertisement
  2. Lacrimosa

Lacrimosa Active Member

My phone always seems to get warm when it charges. Around 40 degrees Celsius, in fact.
    It's weird.

3. Markhypnos

Markhypnos Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah it is, this is the first time its been this warm though, im worried its maybe become self aware and is trying to blow me up :D

Seriously though could it be to an app running without closing iteslf or something? (I dont use a taskiller)

4. Lacrimosa

Lacrimosa Active Member

Hahah
    I've read of cases where people have failed texts or emails that keep trying to resend itself on their Desire and heats up in their pockets along the process.
    If you think it's a process that's heating up your phone, next time it happens again just pop the battery out and put it back in, unless you want to go through every single app and force close it yourself. I personally don't believe in task killers so..

5. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

If you're charging overnight, it stops charging automatically when the battery is full, about 2 hours or so. In the morning it is no longer charging so it shouldn't be warm unless an app is doing auto updates in the background in the morning just as your alarm is going off and it's warming due to that. Monitor it for the next few days and see what it does. If it's warm tomorrow, try turning off background updates and see if it's warm the next morning.
    I doubt it as that means it would be running all night and would still be running in the morning when you hit the snooze.

6. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

You guys have it all wrong!!

The Desire is such a great phone, that it has a built-in hand-warmer!! ;) :D

7. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Well-Known Member

but the Desire is so versatile, you can use it as a hand warmer, an ear burner or pop it in your trouser pocket and use it as a ball boiler.

8. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

9. bozzer

bozzer Active Member

That's not the only reason!
    The battery has a refresh cycle where it will drop off to around 85% and recharge back to 100% if it's left on AC for a while. (you can see this if you install JuicePlotter). For most people it happens in the early hours, but you may have just caught it after it finished (fast discharge+charge = warm phone).
    It also explains why some people unplug their phones and don't have 100% sometimes.

10. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Well-Known Member

as someone once said:

11. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Yep. It reaches 100% then quickly depletes to 90% (i think it is every 2 hours from reaching 100%)

I don't have this issue on my custom rom though. reaches 100 and stays there.