Phone rebooting by itself

Last Updated:

1. Interventizio

Interventizio Member This Topic's Starter

My Milestone (as the droid is called here in Europe) has auto-rebooted twice in 4 days for no apparent reason. I'm taking into consideration returing it, since i've had it for 5 days or so. 2 reboots (for what I know of, at least, coz maybe it happened at night also i don't know) in 5 days in a new phone makes me think the problem can get worse over time. What to you think? To return or not to return?

Advertisement
  2. dusttones

dusttones Well-Known Member

My first 2 droids kept rebooting themselves. Returned both of them. Third one hasn't done it once. Return it.

3. Telstar_2112

Telstar_2112 Well-Known Member

I had this problem too and tried everything to get rid of it. Then I did a "reset to factory" or something like that and although had to reload most of my programs I have not had a problem in the 2 months since. And I loaded back on tons of apps.

4. Interventizio

Interventizio Member This Topic's Starter

That's great and I thank you, because it makes me think it's a software conflict problem of some sort and not a hardware one. You know, I ordered the Droid/Milestone on the internet and all the money it would cost me to send it back and have another one delivered... and without any guarantee that it'll be any better. We have no Verizon support in Italy we can fall back on in case of malfunctions. Only internet orders allow you to change your mind and return purchased goods (10 days is the time limit), and you cannot do it in shops. I'd love to have 30 days to try the phone, because there is so much testing to do. Today is my last day for that matter, but now I am more peaceful than before.