Phone rebooting by itselfGeneral

Last Updated:

1. dunamis

dunamis Active Member This Topic's Starter

just got off the phone with a senior tech support at Verizon regarding my phone rebooting randomly. He told me that they are aware of this to be happening in certain area and they should have an update to resolve this.

this is a replacement phone cause my first phone did this, and so I called again cause of this problem but this time they instructed me to wait it out until the fix which should be within a week (as he says).....

I don't know if many are having this problem....but I just wanted to let those that are having this problem to wait it out and see.....

I haven't been able to put my screen protector on cause I didn't know if I had to replace the phone or not.....so being extra careful LOL

Advertisement
  2. KGBWOLF

KGBWOLF Active Member

Ya my phone.. once in the blue moon... all of a sudden just restarts.. i'd say maybe once every 2 weeks while i am driving..

3. mistamista2000

mistamista2000 Well-Known Member

Two defective phones??? Were they like this right out the box? Any apps like Advanced Task Killer running?

4. thisiisnick

thisiisnick Member

About once a day my inc random reboots. I have atk but i don't have it auto killing task, I only use it when i have to. I don't think that has anything to do with it but I'm waiting for a fix...

5. dunamis

dunamis Active Member This Topic's Starter

no task killer....and you could say right out of the box. It doesn't happen too frequently, but it does happen I think at least couple times a day (most of the time, it reboots while in the pocket so I don't know it happens). But I now know when it happened....when I unlock the phone and slide to a different screen and one of the widget has to reload, it has rebooted. does this make sense? When you reboot or something, you will notice when going to another screen any widgets you have will reload and you can see that happening.

So anyway....all we can do is to wait it out I guess.....

6. brichi

brichi Well-Known Member

mine just did this for the first time, it was just sitting next to me, wasn't even in use and I noticed that it rebooted and was on the HTC start screen, Not good!! :(

7. redifrogger

redifrogger Well-Known Member

My phone just rebooted twice in the last hour!! Sitting right on the desk. Never happened before. Both times were after phone calls. Don't know if that is by cooincidence or not. Can't really miss the reboot - phone makes sound, vibrates, and then you see the rebooting images by HTC and Verizon. Hope this become a commonplace problem.

8. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

you guys should post the locations where you are using your phones

9. redifrogger

I'm in Rootstown, OH (outside of Akron).

10. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

The phone was released on the 29th?

11. redifrogger

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks.