1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Phone Rebooting Itself?Support

1. ladibuggc

ladibuggc New Member

Has anyone had any trouble with the phone just rebooting itself? Mine's done it a few random times now. Sometimes it will just be sitting on my desk and turn itself on and off. I've done a factory reset already and it hasn't worked. Any suggestions?

Oh and also... this is the second Slide I've had. I already had to return one.

-CW

Advertisement
    :
  2. AsianSensation

AsianSensation Well-Known Member

I too have noticed this. Not exactly sure when it started happening. I had my Slide for over a month now and just started noticing that it rebooted itself about 3 times within the last week or so. Could it be possible that some installed app is causing this?
  3. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

ummm

there is your answer :D
  4. AsianSensation

AsianSensation Well-Known Member

does that mean the random reboots are just a glitch in the OS firmware? Strange cuz I don't recall my Slide having these random reboots until just recently. Had no problems at all first 3 weeks that I had the phone.
  5. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

I have no clue. Its surely a glitch but its not on every Slide. Mine has not done it once since I had it.
  6. jimczyz

jimczyz Well-Known Member

Mine had done it a few times when I would use Handcent, hasn't done it since I uninstalled it.
  7. ladibuggc

ladibuggc New Member

Hmmmmm... I don't have Handcent and don't have any idea what app could be causing it.
  8. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member

ok, just to make certain, when u say reboot, do you mean it turns off and stays off?

I have never had a phone restart on me.

I've had these error messages saying that a certain program has closed, then i click ok and it restarts again.

It just wastes 10 seconds of my life, but no biggy.

edit: nevermind, you said that it turned itself on and off.

I wonder if tmobile just tried repairing the phone and sent the same one back to you, or if they gave you a new one.
  9. Cramill

Cramill Well-Known Member

I had a problem with my phone resetting itself but it was a special circumstance. It was the 4th of July and I was at a park to watch the fireworks. I should have been getting 3G but I guess with the tons of people in the park with their cell phones I just couldn't keep a good signal. I tried to send a text message and it kept failing then my phone was being stupid and it was resetting itself a lot.

So, I just powered it off and took a look at it when I got home and it has been fine since.

So, I wonder if the phone just has issues when it can't keep a signal?
  10. ladibuggc

ladibuggc New Member

Well they can't have resent me the same phone since I exchanged in store. But it seems like this phone has some serious glitches. Not sure if it's certain apps interacting with the system or what... but I get error pop ups many times a day because "HTC Sense isn't responding" and then the occasional reboot while it's sitting on it's own and I'm not evening thinking evil thoughts about it. It just does what it wants! I don't get it but I'm really hoping that the update will help.
  11. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Wow that sucks! Never had a single issue with mine. It truely is flawless...for me anyway and trust me I put my phone through it's paces
  12. Simon Nevola

Simon Nevola New Member

Had the phone about a week and a half...it's been rebooting itself, seemingly at random, from day one. Did the factory reset: no help.
    It seems that text messaging (sending OR receiving) sets it off, especially when the battery dips below %40.
    I think TMobile tech support is going to get another call.

**Update** I exchanged the wonky phone at the TMob store...the new replacement has been working great with no annoying reboots.
  13. the music

the music New Member

well i've had my slide for 6 months and its rebooted to the point that it want even turn on now
  14. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Well-Known Member

Does it reboot after it's plugged in?
  15. totem415

totem415 New Member

I'm definitely having huge issues with my HTC Incredible rebooting itself.

The phone has been virtually flawless until about a month ago. It appeared to install an update, then it started rebooting. It rebooted five or six times, then settled down. When I finally managed to start using it again, almost none of my apps worked any more.

I poked around on the web & talked to a Verizon representative. It seemed the next thing to do was to perform a factory reset. Did that. It seemed to keep thing cool for a bit, but since then I've had several more fits of rebooting. Once I was on my way downtown using Google Maps & the GPS to navigate and it just started rebooting on me. It rebooted six or seven times without me touching the phone. It did it again this weekend. The phone works fine, e-mail, web surfing, maps . . . the basic stuff is still working for me, but apps never work for very long in this environment.

There's something very wrong with Android 2.2 (Build number 3.26.605.1 CL264707 release-keys) on my HTC Incredible.

It makes me sad.
  16. phileasfogg

phileasfogg New Member

I found it was an app installed on the SD that has a 'service' element to it (something that runs all the time in the background) that was trying to access the SD before it was ready.

My resolution was to install Advanced Task Killer (other task killer apps area available!) and note which apps are running by themselves... take a wild guess as to which might need my SD (e.g. accessing pictures) and uninstall them.

I have blogged about it here:
    Techland: Android Boot Loop: SD Card Related Fixes
    Hopefully that will be useful to someone.
  17. max2013

max2013 New Member

Could there be a some sort of virus installed in mobile apps that somehow causes this annoying reboots? This rebootings drive me crazy! I must say.a
  18. shykris

shykris New Member

do you know already how to fix this problem,.? i'm experiencing this as well,. :(
  19. jaddood

jaddood New Member

Couldn't it just be a hardware problem?