Phone rebooting...

Last Updated:

1. pcchameleon

pcchameleon Member This Topic's Starter

Hey,

Over the last couple of days, I have caught my phone rebooting a few times...

Has anyone else seen this or heard of this issue with the Behold 2?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

Yes I have seen this happen. It vibrates and then you see the android boot screen. That and I've seen it hard crash, err well thats what I call it, since it just vibrates and I have to pull the battery out.

You can do a hard reset(Factory restore) and see if it happens again. Though if it starts to hard crash, I would call Tmo and start the process of a replacement. Note this isnt something they wil do right away, it has to be documented(ie you call in multiple times saying yes I've done the hard reset a couple of times and it comes back). In my case, I currently have a replacement in the mail.

But I would say to others, I think this is a rare thing and I still love this phone.

3. culo77

culo77 Well-Known Member

Pcchameleon,

I get that too it will be sitting on my desk at work and all the sudden i will catch out of the corner of my eye the android splash screeen or the Behold II screen.

once my phone just started vibrating and would stop i couldnt do anything i had to take out the battery.

i will be calling tmobile later today let you know what they say.

4. Jacqda

Jacqda Active Member

Happened to me on my B2 and my G1. I suspect it has something to do with the microSD card, but I haven't investigated that yet.

5. tikiral

tikiral Well-Known Member

I've had that happen before but only with the Locale and/or Wallr applications running on my BH2. W/O those apps, the phone hasn't restarted.

6. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

The Locale devs know of the issue and say this is something Samsung is aware of as its their api's that are the cause of the issue. So maybe the coming update will fix that.

7. culo77

culo77 Well-Known Member

i dont use or have locale,

but my rebooting and vibrating stuck thing got too annoying, so i called tmobile.

they lady i spoke to thinks its a battery problem on the rebooting so she is sending out a new battery to me.

as for the vibrating thing she was lost and said to call in next time while it was happening. i couldnt cause i was driving home, and just pulled the battery.

i will wait for my new battery to see if it these happen again. (still think its software not hardware) but i will go with the experts at tmobile.

8. samson_420

samson_420 Well-Known Member

T-Mobile experts. . . . LOL

I have no idea, mine did it once. That's it < So far.