phone reboots & contact issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. Amaroth

Amaroth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 5, 2009
    So.. the first couple weeks with the Droid X has been fine, but lately it's been rebooting everytime that I plug it into my car mount or plug it in to my pc. It will just go black and show the Droid logo and restart. Sometimes it will hang at the red eye animation and I have to do a battery pull and other times it just restarts itself. I don't know if this is the cause of it, but I only noticed it happening after I installed a bunch of apps from app brain. I don't really feel like uninstalling everything because It could be anything.

It's mostly annoying when I am in my car, and I want to play music from my phone. It takes like 7 minutes for it to reboot and finish scanning the sd card everytime i put it on the car mount.
    Today I just discovered that whenever I use the timer part of the Alarms and Timer app as soon as I start the countdown it does a reboot. Everytime.

And the only other problem I have is 1 single contact I have. In the text message app (stock) its like it has it embedded in its brain or something that my friend in texas's number starts with a +1. Everytime I recieve a text from him it shows +1-555-555-5555. I've made sure his contact info only has 555-555-5555 as the number. I've edited the google contact online on my computer, deleted his contact, re-added the contact under a different name, deleted his facebook from my friends even. I've tried it all. Nothing seems to make a difference!

The reason this is a problem is because when he texts me and my text app shows the +1, I can't reply to him. When I try to reply, it says text message could not be sent. I sent like 10 texts that way and all of them fail. The only way i can reply to him is to click on his contact info and select the text message icon which creates a new text addressed to him with the correct number (no +1). I know I can't be the only human with a droid x experiencing this :( or perhaps I am.

thanks for reading this extremely long post. These are the only 2 gripes I have with this phone right now. Any help would be appreciated greatly!