phone reception and qualitySupport

Last Updated:

1. puckoach

puckoach Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, over three weeks now. Decision point coming up. Have done the battery tricks, so that's not a problem. Internet is of course awesome. Except for the Weather channel being the only weather radar map I can get to animate.

My concern is the quality of phone reception. I read a few others with negative comments.

But, I think that it's not very good. Have tried a few head sets, not to good either. Is there a fix ? Is it just my handset ? OR, is it just bad.

I live in a marginal spot to begin with, so quality while in the car is essential.

Post away !!!

Advertisement
  2. catlove

catlove New Member

I think there is a Problem with the reception this phone. From what I ear from verizon their are aware of this issue and it will be fix in the release that was approved from May .

3. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Reception on my phone my phone is fine. It is consistantly equal to or better than the BB. Might have less "bars" but actual db is good. And it has actually connected calls whem the bb couldn't get a signal. This isn't my memory either. Side by side since I'm stuck with two phones.

4. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

Reception's decent for me, the only problem is listening to Sirius or RadioTime the quality screws up once in a while. But multiple verizon reps have told me they're gonna be fixing it with this OTA/Froyo thing.

5. varaonaid

varaonaid Well-Known Member

I've had serious reception issues with my Dinc...dropped calls, complaints numerous times from people on the other end that call quality was awful, full of static, missing words, echoing, sounding like I was in a huge room full of people while on speakerphone (which wasn't the case, I was on reg mic/handheld) and sometimes so sound at all. I've had calls drop out sound completely even while the call was connected with plenty of signal. It's been a nightmare. I've lost more calls or had problems with far more than have been OK. I get stressed when I make a call now because I don't know how, when or if it will go through properly.

This has been the case on my original DInc (from 1st preorder batch) and the replacement they sent. Finally, they decided to replace it with a DX because of all the issues I've been having.

I appreciate that they have been saying that they know about the sound issues (mine have been confirmed by an instore tech as being unacceptable) and are planning to fix via an OTA update but it's been 3 freaking months since the phone's release! And it's a PHONE not just an internet and data device. So, release the OTA if it really will help and add all the bells and whistles (ie Froyo) on a later OTA but for goodness sakes, address the known call quality issue! I'm not sure I buy that it's a software issue...I mean sure it could be for the bars shown vs actual signal strength in db but the SOUND quality itself I would think would have a better chance of being hardware related. I'm not sure they would want to admit that, if my guess is accurate. Plus, Verizon's admitted to knowing that it's an "known issue" and won't replace handsets if that's the only issue (it hasn't been the only issues for any of my DIncs). So, I think it's getting to the point of ridiculous that a known issue with a supposed fix ready to be released OTA hasn't been released...

Sorry for the rant. I just want a working phone. I have too many serious medical issues going on right now to be without one. Gonna be a week yet before I receive my DX even though it was ordered before noon on release day.

6. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

Good reception here and no dropped calls yet & have had the phone for almost two months and is the only phone I have...did away with landline years ago.. Migrated from LG Dare, and Incredible call quality is better than what I had.

7. brianem

brianem Well-Known Member

I've never had a single dropped call or poor audio quality with my Incredible. Perhaps its just my area though, as I've had the same luck with previous LG Dare as well. The same can't be said when I was with Cingular/AT&T.

8. buffettgirl

buffettgirl Well-Known Member

my phone quality is poor as well, both in and out of the house - in fact, everywhere it is bad. We have great cell service in our area so I know it's not that, but every other word is lost during a call. Our previous phone was a old motorola w385 and we had perfect call quality (in and out of the house, in fact, it was STELLAR for quality) so I know that the only change has been to the dinc.

I'm a bit, no, a lot disappointed in the call quality.