• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone recommendations for my sister (

miseryguts

Sep 26, 2011
She isn't really that bothered in a great camera, but would like something with as large a screen as possible (decent resolution/quality) & relatively good battery life.
Unbranded phones are also an option if anyone knows of any good ones.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

In that price range, approach with caution (don't buy from China and check the seller's history in detail), you can probably buy a Galaxy Nexus from ebay. Why?

- In your price range as it is no longer sold at retail.
- 4.65 inch screen (should be on the larger side to most females - sorry to sound sexist)
- HD (1280 x 720)
- battery life not great - but if she uses it wisely, it can be good enough.
- camera is very good for posting on facebook, etc. but not great at 5mp. But she will have the latest version of Android so she can do photospheres, etc.

There are more reasons why it is still a good buy in your price range. But I addressed everything you mentioned.

In addition to my caution about who you buy it from, I would also caution the phone is already over a year old. It may seem dated in a year - probably will actually. But it is the hardware that will seem dated. The Android version will not be outdated until Key Lime Pie comes out IF (and only if) the Nexus cannot handle the new OS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones