Phone remains in Car ModeSupport

Last Updated:

1. KelleyLK

KelleyLK New Member

I've had my Galaxy S5 for about a week, and it's mostly working great. One thing, though - if I have used the Car Mode in my car (using the quick setting button, as I don't have bluetooth in my car), and turning off car mode after getting out of the car, the phone continues to default to speaker phone and announcing the caller name.
    The only way I've found to stop this happening is to manually kill the car mode application, but there's got,to be a better way.
    Has anyone seen this, and do you know a way to keep it from happening?
    Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. smith058

smith058 Well-Known Member

Well I don't use car mode so I can't answer the best...
    However a easy one step solution would be to make a widget of the active apps and when your done using car mode press the widget and hit end car mode or all apps
    uploadfromtaptalk1406337571625.jpg
  3. KelleyLK

KelleyLK New Member

Well, I have to add to what I wrote earlier - somehow the car mode starts itself up again at some point, and I had to do another force stop. Now I'm trying a shut down/restart of the phone hoping it won't happen again.
    How can I get car mode to behave like it should? And not interfere with the everyday operation?
  4. Andre12dbsi

Andre12dbsi Active Member

If you go into the Car Mode settings and select Register Car you'll see an option to Auto Open When Bluetooth is connected. Uncheck that option and it won't automatically open.
  5. Baddawg

Baddawg Active Member

I downloaded A2DP Volume, which is an app that runs in the background, and when a bluetooth device connects, it auto-adjust the volume, among other things.

I have it configured that when my car's bluetooth connects, it launches Car Mode. When it disconnects from my car, it will automatically deactivate car mode. I found this to be the best method to get to turn-on and off Car Mode. Just be sure to de-register your car's bluetooth from the Car Mode settings, so that it isn't the one who launches car mode.