Phone repeatedly restarts but won't go to recovery screen

Last Updated:

1. lancaster09

lancaster09 Member This Topic's Starter

My MT3G was constantly restarting. It loads the lock. I can unlock but nothing on the home pages is loading and it just restarts over and over again!

How this started: I was using ROM Manager App to go from CM V6.0.0 RC2 to RC3. Every time the phone went to reboot into Recovery it wouldn't go. It stayed on the My Touch screen. I had to pull the battery to go back. I kept retrying with Clockmod Recovery and AmonRA Recovery and nothing worked. It always came back ok after I pulled the battery. Well I left my phone off for a while (charging) and now I tried to power on and it just reboots over and over.

I went to the Fast Boot screen and then it let my phone boot and run. Why can't I boot into recovery? Is there another way to get the new Cyanogenmod (RC3) on my phone?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

try it with NO sim card. I had an issue once. Took a while to boot. Now im on a different rom.

Another thing you can do is load a different rom if your able to get into the recovery screen/section.

lancaster09 likes this.
  3. ColoradoIcculus

ColoradoIcculus Member

This just happened to me. Use the CM ROM Manager to flash the newest version of the ClockworkMod. Then you should be able to reboot into recovery from that screen.

Hope this helps