Phone replaced, can I transfer over all my data?Support

Last Updated:

1. omgu8myrice

omgu8myrice Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got a replacement Fascinate as my old one had some quirks. The guy that did the transfer accidentally forgot to take my old phone back, so I now have my new one and my old one sitting in my lab.

My old one doesn't work (deactivated), and the new one is activated. I'm going to return the old one tomorrow, but before I do, is there any way to get all the info on that one transferred to the new one? By that I mean apps, all my contacts, pictures, etc etc?

Thanks for any help

Advertisement
  2. dragonzsoul

dragonzsoul Well-Known Member

Quirks? What quirks? I'll be happy to take the phone off your hands if you don't have to return it :p

As for data, pictures are stored on your SD card. Apps won't be easily transferable. Contacts should be stored in your gmail account. Texts will have to be backed up with a 3rd party app.

Any other data you're interested in?

3. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

yup, contacts and calendar (as long as both have been saved as google contacts and dates not phone only on some phones...ahem like ours) will link to your google account and reapply.

apps that were d/led from the market are linked to your account. well at least the paid ones will automatically redownload when linking ur account. the free ones ull have to redownload.

also any nonmarket apps that you put on your sdcard you can just transfer that way.

with root and titanium backup it is theoretically possible to retrieve apps with data by copying your titanium backup folder on the sdcard but id advise against this as restoring things on different phones can cause issues (big ones)

also unneccessary but you can extract apps from data/app and system/app with root explorer. however dont do this to share with people that is unethical for paid apps :)