• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone Reset Issues?

Hey guys

I've been having for the past couple of days issues with my phone resetting itself. I have a rooted Dinc with the Hydra OV 1.15ghz kernel install. I was wondering if anybody else was having the same or a similar issue? Maybe it's with the kernel or maybe it's with a program I have installed but I'd like to try and narrow it down before I do anything.

Thanks for any help in advance!

I have the non-overclocked but undervolted kernel and mine reset Friday morning. I started to worry about it until a coworker stated his phone (not rooted or modified in any way) reset as well close to the same time...

If you are overclocked - first thing I would do would be stop overclocking... as I'm not sure the extra 150mhz is worth the trouble it might cause.

Upvote 0
Yeah I am overclocked. I only overclock when the battery is between 90 and 100% full. Otherwise I'm running at normal speed or under. It doesn't do it all the time, and it doesn't do it everyday. I figured it's probably something to do with the oc/kernel but I wanted to ask around and be sure. Thanks for the input guys!

Upvote 0
That article makes sense after what I experienced this weekend with a reboot while I was in a horribly bad location for reception all day long. Haven't had any issues since nor prior but that one day that I was in that area (Rural SC) it rebooted once while it was in my pocket for no apparent reason.

Upvote 0
That article makes sense after what I experienced this weekend with a reboot while I was in a horribly bad location for reception all day long. Haven't had any issues since nor prior but that one day that I was in that area (Rural SC) it rebooted once while it was in my pocket for no apparent reason.
I'm in SC. Work just north of Columbia and live near Redbank/Lexington.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones