Phone Reset Issues?

Last Updated:

1. thirtyfour41

thirtyfour41 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys

I've been having for the past couple of days issues with my phone resetting itself. I have a rooted Dinc with the Hydra OV 1.15ghz kernel install. I was wondering if anybody else was having the same or a similar issue? Maybe it's with the kernel or maybe it's with a program I have installed but I'd like to try and narrow it down before I do anything.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Advertisement
  2. bsdbytes

bsdbytes Active Member

I haven't rooted mine, but mine has been rebooting at least daily now for the past 7-10 days.

3. Quintessence

Quintessence Well-Known Member

Unrooted here. Its been doing it on and off since release.

4. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

the kernels are known to cause rebooting loops... try the new v7 since i have had it do it since i re-flashed the new one

5. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

I have the non-overclocked but undervolted kernel and mine reset Friday morning. I started to worry about it until a coworker stated his phone (not rooted or modified in any way) reset as well close to the same time...

If you are overclocked - first thing I would do would be stop overclocking... as I'm not sure the extra 150mhz is worth the trouble it might cause.

6. thirtyfour41

thirtyfour41 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I am overclocked. I only overclock when the battery is between 90 and 100% full. Otherwise I'm running at normal speed or under. It doesn't do it all the time, and it doesn't do it everyday. I figured it's probably something to do with the oc/kernel but I wanted to ask around and be sure. Thanks for the input guys!

7. jduran0509

jduran0509 Member

HTC Droid Incredible Reboot Problems : Product Reviews Net

this is what i found looking for a resolution. they seem to believe that it is isolated to one state but if you read all the comments/post it seems to be country-wide

I was OC'd but I'm still rooted and having the issue as well

8. Xclio

Xclio Member

That article makes sense after what I experienced this weekend with a reboot while I was in a horribly bad location for reception all day long. Haven't had any issues since nor prior but that one day that I was in that area (Rural SC) it rebooted once while it was in my pocket for no apparent reason.

9. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

I'm in SC. Work just north of Columbia and live near Redbank/Lexington.

10. BillytheKid

BillytheKid Well-Known Member

im guessing u are using setcpu....try not using that, he says not to use it on his kernel site....im overclocked, undervolted, no setcpu, never have a problem and battery last all day

11. MidnighToker

MidnighToker New Member

Non-rooted, stock phone was doing the same. VZW claimed it was a know bug and flashing back to factory fixed it. Hasn't rebooted since, but that was just 2 days ago

12. jduran0509

jduran0509 Member

was OC'd, never used setcpu and my friend that has the same phone, never been rooted in its life, was experiencing the same problem.

13. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

I have been having the same problem. Even pre root. I just downgraded and rerooted last night. We'll see how it goes.

14. esatchel231

esatchel231 Member

wrong thread