Phone reset on it's own

Last Updated:

1. socodef

socodef Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 14, 2010
    I've searched around the forums to see what happened but none have had any answers. My phone died last night and I charged it and turned it on and it reset itself. All my phone contacts are gone. My apps are gone, but I can just redownload them. I know that I did not hit the reset button combo. Does anyone know what/why this happened? And is there any way to get my contacts back? My phone is rooted with Fresh 1.1 and Gumbo kernel with Set CPU

2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    If your contacts were "Google contacts", they'll come back on their own when the phone syncs itself.

If they're not Google contacts, I'm not sure there's a way to get them back without having a backup of them.

That's why I recently re-did all mine and made them google contacts.
  3. makaen

makaen New Member

Jul 29, 2010
    My phone just did the exact same thing. Did you ever get it repaired or did it just fix itself? Do you have google contacts because I don't, and I can't mount my card, or get the software on my comp in the first place so I have no backups. I want every person who ever worked on any part or design of this phone to be placecd in a special circle of hell.
  4. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Sorry you experienced this. There was some discussion some time ago (and I now see this thread was started back in February) about this happening to a few folks who let their phone's batteries go completely dead. Not sure if a resoultion was ever found, other than to not let it go completely discharged before connecting to a charger or computer. If I remember correctly, it wasn't a wide spread problem, but only happened to a few users. (Someone please correct me if I remember incorrectly) Just curious, are you running the original 1.5 software or did you update to 2.1? Or was your phone delivered with 2.1?

EDIT: Is your phone rooted? (You posted in the rooted forum, that's why I asked) If so, did you make a nandroid backup? That would help with getting your apps/contacts back.