• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Resets When Leaving House

Waflsk8s

Apr 17, 2010
So my phone has this weird pattern of resetting about 2 minutes away from my house when I'm driving (happened in two opposite directions). It was just sitting in my pocket and I hear it reset (sometimes it reset multiple times on the same trip). I thought it was maybe the task killer running funny so I disabled it, and still it resets. Happens every time. I'm using Fresh 0.3 but it happened in earlier versions of Fresh too. Anyone else having this issue? Maybe it has to do with switching towers or something (in my house I get a very very very weak signal).

Gps is on but not in use (actually I used it today and it didn't reset.)
Mobile defense is installed... how would that be the problem?

Again I have read i. Other threads that people believed that GPS was resetting the phone and a hard reset generally fixed their problems. same with Mobile Defense... I think they have even stated that they are aware of this particular bug and working on a fix. I had this problem and had Mobile Defense installed. I hard reset and then reinstalled Mobile Defense last week and I have been good since

Upvote 0
Hard reset meaning...wiping everything again? Well I did a wipe and reinstall after upgrading from 0.2 Fresh to 0.3 and still resets. In fact what pissed me off today was I was on the phone at home with my dad and it reset. My whole family has iPhones and I was the first one to venture off to try the Evo. I loooove the phone but can't have it resetting on me like that...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones