Phone restarts all the time and other issuesGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-12-27 21:18:38
  1. hoofbeats95

hoofbeats95 New Member

My phone restarts all the time. Literally numerous times a day. It's so frustrating. And then the power button won't work. It won't put the screen to sleep or wake it up. The screen will flash on and off on its own. I do not want to do a factory reset. I think that is a lame solution for android problems. I mean I don't just reinstall windows on my computer when I have an issue. Why should a phone require such a drastic fix? I can't find a solution to this. I have two batteries and the phone does it with both.

Advertisement
  2. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Take it into the Sprint store and see what they say. Tell them the issue with the power button. If the hardware checks out, then they will suggest a factory reset. It sucks, but it's not as bad as it sounds. You will lose game saves, but the rest of your stuff is easy to back up and re-sync.
  3. Netcat

Netcat Well-Known Member

If you recently did the OTA upgrade to ICS, then you'll probably need to do the factory reset. Like KitsapAndroid said, if you take it to Sprint they will probably try a factory reset first before they give you a replacement. You can save yourself time by doing it yourself. Another thing you can try is wiping the system cache partition and restarting the phone.

To wipe the cache partition, turn off the phone, do a battery pull, wait 30 seconds, reinstall batt, start the phone back up while holding the power button and the volume-up button at the same time until you see the standard Galaxy SII logo, then let go of both buttons. You will see "Android system recovery" followed by a safe mode-type menu. Select "Wipe cache partition" (up/down volume buttons and home to select). The phone will then restart normally.