Phone restarts for no reason and there is a noticeable delay tooSupport

Last Updated:

1. otter

otter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A few days ago, there was an obvious lag. I didn't have any applications open, but when I clicked on the text message shortcut the screen was black for perhaps 2 seconds before it finally opened. Then I clicked on somebody's name to send the text and the phone restarted. It also happened when I was trying to post on this forum. The keyboard locked up on my droid and then the phone restarted. It also happened again yesterday when I was using a couple other applications, but I don't remember which one.

Can anybody help me or tell me how to go about finding help? I'm thinking it might be an application I loaded over the last few days (hoping). Is there a way to find out which apps are the most recently downloaded or installed?

I checked this link: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/32113-phone-restarts-automatically.html

but it was of no help

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

The easiest way to figure out which apps you loaded recently would be to get the AppBrains app and load it - it has a lot of sorting methods, but the default is , IIRC, sorted by date last updated / installed in descending order (newest first).

3. otter

Thanks. I have that installed. Is there any way to troubleshoot? I have log collector installed. Even now there is a big lag as I type this.

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

is the sync icon in the notification bar?

If not, I'd try powering off the phone, then removing the battery for a full minute, and then replacing battery and powering on. This is called a battery pull.

Then, with a fresh phone, you should be able to better maneuver and take a look at things like services and apps that are loaded into memory and the like....

5. otter

Thanks again. It was still slow so I rooted and w/ someone here's help (nick I think?) I am running BB 2.2 :)