Support Phone ringer settings?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shelbster, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Shelbster

Shelbster Guest

Currently my phone rings twice and then go straight to voicemail. How do i change the settings so the phone rings more times before going to voicemail?

Advertisement

2. skinien

skinien Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    hmmm.. this has never happened to me. A while (many years) ago, I called my carrier at the time and asked them to extend the number of rings before a call goes to vm. You may want to give at&t a call.

3. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Correct. It's officially called ring time and can only be extended by AT&T. Too often I couldn't answer my phone in time and with ring time maxed out (about double the normal number of rings) it's alot more convenient.

4. alphadog00

alphadog00 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    I think you can change this on your account settings web page, not 100% sure though, but i recall seeing it somewhere.

5. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Okey dokey. Two years ago and recently I asked AT&T customer service whether I, myself, could change ring time settings and was told no, they'd have to do it...and they did. Fast forward to now. I did a bit of research and an AT&T forum reply goes like this (untried):

1. On your phone, dial *#61# and click Send.
    2. Some information should be displayed: number that the calls are being forwarded to and the delay before the forwarding engages.
    3. Write down the number (including +1)
    4. Dial **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30# and hit Send. +1xxxyyyzzzz is the number you wrote down previously, 30 is the delay in seconds. The delay can be set in 5 second increments, 30 is maximum
    5. Dial *#61# to verify that the new settings are active.

Dialing *#61# as instruction 5 suggests told me that my phone forwards to voicemail after 30 seconds.

For the extra curious (or extra cautious), here's the link:

Adjusting number of rings before voicemail picks u... - AT&T Wireless Community

andyzim55 and ddcove like this.
  6. LowerClassBrat

LowerClassBrat New Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Most phones have a setting to adust this. It is under call forwarding and you can set the time there. The exact location varies from phone to phone. I could NOT find this setting on the Captivate though. Reply if you find this setting on the Captivate.

I tried Jack45's method above. I received a notification on the phone that the change was successful. I called the phone and it did extend the ring time. Thanks for the post Jack45!

7. jblaze5779

jblaze5779 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    how do you enter the plus sign in the dialer?

nm hold down 0

8. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    You're welcome, and welcome!