• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone rings but no actual call coming in

rforrestuk

Apr 24, 2012
Not been on the forum for a while now as bascially been happy with my phone however since ics i've had a few problems.
Phone started freezing during random use no app specific but most annoyingly the phone rings and no call is coming through and i can only stop it by turning it off. Happens in slient mode so a real pain in the bum especially when it wakes you up in the middle of the night!

Went into phones4u, they advised me to put it on the pc and run the software to see if it detected any problems, although have been having issues downloading latest.

Did a factory reset and haven't installed any apps. Freezing issue seems to be resolved but not the ringing.

Guess i'll be going back to phones4u but wondered if anyone could shed any light. Also not keen at the prospect of having a replacement non smart phone whilst it goes back to sony for repair.

I've had this phone replaced once already. Anyone know my legal rights on when you can refuse to take the same replacement handset?

Thanks

OK, my guess would be that its either a system or an app notification that's enabled. If it has an icon in the bar click on it to see what it is then click the menu button in the offending app and disable notifications. If there's no icon you may have to just go through system settings and apps to find the one causing it.

Upvote 0
have you solved this ?... because my sony xperia arc randomly rings now when theres no one calling it.. usually around 11 pm at night..havent installed no new apps but have updated a few.. its getting rather annoying ,if it a hardware prob or a app..

I reinstalled the OS from the Sony website and so far so good, have downloaded a fair few apps as well which i had before. Falling out if love with Android though a bit recently as any indepth customisation always leads to operation problems eventually. And the phone still completely freezes every now and again.
Contemplating going over to the dark side : (

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones