Phone Ringtone showing only SilentSupport

Last Updated:

1. ravisghosh

ravisghosh Member This Topic's Starter

When I got to Settings>Sound & Display>Phone Ringtone, I only get one option "Silent" to select as ringtone (which is selected by default). As a result, I dont get any audio notification of incoming calls which is really bad as I miss on so many calls.

I read somewhere that this problem was because of Apollo Task manager being installed. However, I do not have Apollo Task Manager.

Attempts so far: I tried factory reset few times but no help. Then I removed the battery and left the phone for sometime to no avail.

I see mention of this problem at many places, but no solution. Can someone help us fix this problem?

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Spica (I5700) on Android 2.1.

Advertisement
  2. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

3. ravisghosh

ravisghosh Member This Topic's Starter

I installed a ringtone app and was able to set ringtone using it. This app created a folder called media>audio>ringtone where it had put some mp3 files.

I'd put some mp3 files manually in it (without the ringtone app) and these are visible in Settings>Sound & Display>Phone Ringtone.

However, I can also play any mp3 in Music, click menu, and set it as ringtone. This is the work around I got.

4. jackiepaula

jackiepaula New Member

Im having the same problem. :( what app is it called?

5. ecctoplasmNC

ecctoplasmNC New Member

I lost the stock ringtones. Does anyone know how to get them back? I particularly liked the ringtone that would speak who was calling if the person was in my contact list or otherwise just speak the phone number.

Thanks!

6. ShivamGolani

ShivamGolani New Member

Please help me how to fix.facing many problems