(PHONE ROOT) No such file or directory?

1. hotxmess18

hotxmess18 New Member

Hi. This is my first post on here so don't go too hard on me, but, I'm trying to root my HTC Inspire 4G (AT&T) using Advanced Ace Hack Kit.
    I'm reading/using the effen manual, and when it tells me to type in ./hack-ace.sh in Terminal it tells me there's no such file or directory.
    I don't understand how this could be, because i have everything installed.
    Can someone please help me out??
    Thank you!

NOTE: I'm using a Macbook white running Lion 10.7.4

Advertisement
  2. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

i dont use a mac,so i dont have any answers for you there,i just didnt want you to feel your post was being ignored. hopefully someone will have some answers for you.

in a worse case scenario i have a manual guide,that would only require you to get adb and fastboot working on your mac,then put the files into the correct places.
  3. CDPlant

CDPlant Let's dooo-ooo it Guide

Hey there, I used this tool on my mac so I'll walk you through it. I will edit this post in a couple of hours with instructions

Ok, so the easiest way to do this is to navigate to the AAHK zip file you downloaded, plug your phone into your computer on Charge Only (don't mount anything!) and then open up the terminal. What you then do is find the "./hack-ace.sh" command in the folder, click and hold it, and drag it into the terminal window. This will then automatically populate the terminal with the exact path that the file is located in. It might look something like - /Users/(your name)/Downloads/aahk-12062012/hack-ace.sh. Now if you press enter it should start running and will give you several options. If you would like to root all you need to do is press '1' press enter and it will begin.

If this doesn't work and it still cannot locate the file, what you can try is extracting the entire contents of the zip file into a seperate folder (and name it something like aahk) and then try the click and drag into the terminal again. EDIT: I think when you extract a zip file on OSX it will automatically create a folder of the contents with the same name, which is good :D

A few things to note:
    - Your phone will reboot at least 4 or 5 times during this process, and at one point you will get a screen with the HTC logo and a loading bar below it. All of this is fine and you should not worry at all :)
    - If your phone was shipped with gingerbread as the android version, it will wipe everything on your phone (your SD card will not be wiped) so backup anything important! If your phone was shipped with Froyo it will not wipe any data.
    -Some people have noted that the AAHK will get stuck after certain points such as 'downgrading...'. In this instance the best thing to do will be to visit their IRC channel and talk to them.

If you need any more information or get stuck at all please let me know and i'll be happy to help you more. If you don't get a reply for a couple of hours send me a PM and i'll hurry on over here :)
    EarlyMon and scotty85 like this.
  4. xxkid123

xxkid123 Well-Known Member

No idea about OSX, I'm hapless there :D

But if you really can't get it then try using a Ubuntu CD.