Phone Root

1. BigAndroid

BigAndroid Member

I want to root my phone but last time i rooted my phone i messed it up and thats why i had to get a new phone. Can someone help me with this process? I've never rooted a Android device and i really dont want to mess up my Esteem.

If you can help i greatly appreciate it

Advertisement
  2. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

wat sw version r u on
  3. mrpnut

gbiggie likes this.
  4. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

5. gbiggie

6. mrpnut

hahaha i forgot that one is for both zvd and zvc ;)
  7. Viper52

Viper52 Well-Known Member

I am really new to droid phones. I have had my esteem for 1 mo. and I would like to root it. I have tried to follow these threads about rooting and I'm just not understanding all of the lingo(lol). I am so confused about how to even start to root my phone. Can someone put it in terms I can understand?
  8. gbiggie

Just tell me what you don't understand and I will do my best to help ya:D
  9. mrpnut

10. Viper52

right now I am so confused from reading all of the threads about rooting. I don't even know how to start the process.
  11. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Download the program for the type of computer/OS you have. Install Esteem drivers if they are NOT already installed. Put your phone into USB debugging mode found in settings/applications/development. Connect your USB cable to the USB port on your phone and put phone in internet connection. Run the run.bat file that was in the ZIP you downloaded.

I dont think it can be explained any simpler than that. :D

P.S. If you are having this much trouble understanding the install instructions, which are extremely easy, I would seriously think about this before you do it. No offense but it seems you are not thoroughly educated in this type of phone software. You might wanna learn a little more before you continue. :D

And I say this for YOUR phone's safety. ;)
    hvrc likes this.
  12. gbiggie

uhh OK guys go ahead:cool:
  13. Viper52

This is my very first smart phone. So i guess I'm not understanding what files to use with my phone. What do I do on the PC and what to do on my phone. I know it seems dumb for you guys for me to ask, but to me it seems complex.
  14. Fuzzy13

No it's not dumb. You have to learn somewhere. BUT at the same time you can really mess things up because you haven't fully gained the knowledge yet. Proceed with caution and be careful.

The only way to learn is to do it, just be careful. :D

My advice is to learn what "Terms" you don't know and learn what they are and what they do. Most of this stuff is basic computer knowledge NOT phone knowledge. So it sound like you lack basic computer knowledge as well. I would learn some terms first so you have SOME understanding before you go in because you can end up WITHOUT a phone before it's all said and done.
  15. Viper52

I read the other thread here and what worked for someone, didn't work for someone else. This is my only phone and I don't want to screw it up.
  16. Fuzzy13

With that being said proceed with caution and make sure you FULLY understand what you are doing before you do it.

It's not hard stuff it really isn't. I didn't know shit about rooting phones and what not a year ago BUT I knew a lot about computers so it came easy for me. Once I did it I understood.

Just follow the directions. The program will tell you what to do and what the phone is doing.
  17. Viper52

how do I make a backup of what I have before I start?
  18. Fuzzy13

You cant until you root.

I seriously doubt you will brick your phone from rooting. The program wont go through the process unless the phone is set up right.
  19. mrpnut

reboot to cwm then scroll down to backup
  20. Fuzzy13

Have you download the zip yet from the link above? For windows? Or whatever OS your using.

Download the zip package and install the drivers. You cant do anything until the drivers are installed on your computer. Do that then come back here.
  21. Fuzzy13

He's not rooted. That's what we are trying to do. :D
  22. mrpnut

oh shit my bad lol
  23. Fuzzy13

HAHAHAHA. Your good P.
  24. Viper52

How do I do that? What is cwm?