Phone Rooted - now I have a small problem

Last Updated:

1. X castro X

X castro X Member This Topic's Starter

So I successfully rooted my phone two days ago. I'm running Fresh 2.0 w/the Live Wallpapers and I Love It!! My only problem is I tried to install the lock screen fix, install vanilla clock zip file. I downloaded it into the SD card root but when i tried to go into recovery to flash the zip it wouldn't let me. I tried several times but no luck. I turned the phone off then back on while holding the power & home button. Is there something i'm missing. I deleted the zip file from the SD card and tried again and it still didn't work. Any ideas???

Btw I wanna say thank you to all the people that contribute to this board. I read the thread on rooting your phone many times over and was pretty nervous about doing it. Thanks to this forum I was able to do it without much trouble.

Advertisement
  2. Robchaos

Robchaos Well-Known Member

might help if you tell us what error message it gives you when it fails to flash

3. X castro X

Maybe I didn't word my question correctly. I can't get to the section where you flash a zip file. When I turn the phone back on I hold the power and home buttons down, but it doesn't take me to the reboot screen. Instead it just loads like normal.

4. Robchaos

Robchaos Well-Known Member

You did already flash the custom recovery image, right?

hold the home button down THEN hit power while holding home down. continue to hold home until the recovery screen starts to come up

5. X castro X

/thread

nvrmind it worked. Guess I wan't pressing them at the right time.