Phone running HOT w/ rapid battery drainSupport

Last Updated:

1. JT_Bonfire

JT_Bonfire New Member This Topic's Starter

About a week ago, at random times, my Incredible will become "Incredibly" hot in my pocket, and the battery begins to drain at a rapid rate (from nearly 90%+ to <20% in an hour). This seems to be accompanied by an icon resembling a "refresh" symbol at the top of the screen (a circle consisting of two arrows). I can't determine any common denominator as to when this takes place, it seems pretty random.

Note: I added Google voice and Shazam to my phone just prior to this problem beginning, but have noticed no usage relation.

Any thoughts? Please feel free to direct me to another thread / lock if this has already been discussed.

Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Your phone is constantly syncing (and essentially, unable to sleep - hence the battery drain). I'd double check to make sure your sync intervals are not too close to each other.

DavidIsaac likes this.
  3. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

If you want to see which app it is causing this dial *#*#4636#*#* then select Battery History >> CPU usage (give it a minute to update) and check Since last unplugged.

4. donnavoytko

donnavoytko New Member

I have had the same problem. My phone was super hot to touch and thought I'd be getting a new phone, however I first downloaded a task manager app (there are many free ones) to make sure I could close all running applications and I turned the phone off and removed the battery and then rebooted. When it recharged it was cool and has remained that way. I know this did not take a rocket scientist to do, but somehow it worked for me so thought I'd share.

5. DavidIsaac

DavidIsaac New Member

This is exactly what just happened to my phone. Worked fine, then suddenly would get warm and drain the battery in a few hours. Thought I was going to have to replace it. Turned off calendar ActiveSync and, voila, sync icon disappeared and phone cooled down. Deleted and recreated account to fix the problem and get my calendar back.

Props to the guy at the Verizon store for pegging this in two minutes...I had not even noticed the sync icon repeatedly appearing.