Phone says "Emergency calls only"Support

1. 0sync0

0sync0 Well-Known Member

When I have data turned off on the phone, at the top of the notification area it says "Emergency calls only". I don't have any problem making calls so I don't understand why it says this.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

You mean you 'don't understand' right? ...
  3. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

*pokes Roze*

Although, I am not sure why this is happening, it states this yet you can make calls as normal still?
  4. 0sync0

0sync0 Well-Known Member

right...
  5. 0sync0

0sync0 Well-Known Member

It seems that way. I don't actually use the N1 much for phone calls. This message makes me wonder if there is some functionality I don't have.
  6. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

7. Talderon

Weird, I turn Data off on mine and don't see this.

Just to make sure we're looking at this the same, can you put up step by step on what you are doing to get this message?

That's me! Mr. Lucky!!! :D

Wait, lucky that I poked her, or lucky that I didn't lose a finger? :p
  8. 0sync0

0sync0 Well-Known Member

I get this when I use APNDroid or turn off data in Froyo thru Settings.

I'm using AT&T Pay as You Go. I assumed this message comes from Android but perhaps it is coming from AT&T.
  9. Talderon

Ah, no wonder, I am on T-Mobile... Someone with an AT&T phone should try this. :D
  10. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Awww, someone feels left out it seems, lol, well hope this makes you fell less lonely ;)

Now really Talderon, share and share alike as the saying goes ;) (does that make sense? lol)
  11. Talderon

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Serious LOLZ! I love this Forum!!! :D
  12. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I'll bet the SIM from the Go phones doesn't register you on the network, or at least in th same was a regular account would. If you can make and receive calls, I wouldn't worry about it.