Phone says Install DeferredSupport

1. andy88488

andy88488 Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I recently started checking About Phone, in hopes that there would magically be an update to 4.4.3.

What I found is that my phone says "System Update Available", and it shows the status as "Install Deferred". But when I click on "System Update Available", the phone checks in and then says "Your device's software is up to date".

Yet, I can then go right back to the System Update page and it says the same thing.

I don't think I'm really missing an update. I got the May OTA, and I'm now on 19.6.3.en.US. What I'm worried about is that if the phone thinks I haven't installed an update, maybe I won't get 4.4.3 properly when it finally comes out. Rebooting the phone doesn't help. The System Update Available message comes right back.

Anyone have any advice, or having a similar experience?

Thanks,

Andy

Advertisement
    :
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Funny, the same thing happened to me today when I saw somebody say that they had an error messages when they went into settings / about phone / system update.

If you have 19.6.3, you have the latest update. 4.4.3 is not released yet. I am 99.999% certain that when a soak test happens for the 4.4.3 release, you will hear about it, probably on this forum, and that will be a week to ten days before 4.4.3 is released.

There really is no reason to check for updates - the phone checks daily and will let you know when an update is available.
  3. andy88488

Yeah, I know. The phone will let me know. I just checked the once out of idle curiosity. Then when I saw that there was this message about an update being available, but there really wasn't, I got concerned.

If it's wide-spread, or at least common, hopefully it will be fixed. On my last phone, the Original Maxx, my phone wouldn't take the Jelly Bean update. I tried everything. Eventually, Verizon just gave me a new phone in order to make the update work.
  4. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I tried it yesterday and today. Both times it reported "Your device's software is up to date".

... Thom
  5. andy88488

I get that, but is your Maxx saying "Update Available" the way mine is?
  6. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

No it isn't.

For Status mine says ... "Update Successful".

... Thom
  7. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I also had that yesterday when I checked, as I said, though I long ago installed 19.6.3. I read later on that Motorola was having an issue with their update server again.

See this post on Google+, specifically the comment by "Motorola Support Forums".
  8. andy88488

Yeah, I think that's about the wifi error message, which I have also seen. But my issue is different. I'm posting a screenshot to show what I'm talking about.

Attached Files:

9. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Again, that's exactly what mine said. (Actually, I just checked - it does again.)

Go ahead and tap the top, continue with the update. It will check and show that you're up to date.

I have a feeling that this goes back to the fact that I did, in fact, defer the install when it popped up a few weeks ago, because I was in the middle of something else.

It's just a bad message, nothing to worry about.
    andy88488 and Thom like this.
  10. andy88488

Thanks for checking that. As long as I'm not the only one!!
  11. SirGrant

SirGrant Active Member

I'm getting the same thing. Probably nothing.
    andy88488 likes this.