• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone screen automatically turns on

Keeper

Nov 9, 2010
So I've had issues with my phone always diverting to speaker phone when a call comes in. Someone said it had something to do with the in-car app which I never use but somehow turned itself on.

Anyway, I now also have an issue with the phone screen turning on by itself. I'm not touching it, no messages or calls coming through. The screen is off then some random time later it turns back on. Anyone have any ideas why?

On a smaller note too, the number indicator on my email icon that is supposed to say how many new emails I have has stopped updating instantly when I have read or deleted an email...

Thanks in advance if anyoe can help!

So I've had issues with my phone always diverting to speaker phone when a call comes in. Someone said it had something to do with the in-car app which I never use but somehow turned itself on.

Anyway, I now also have an issue with the phone screen turning on by itself. I'm not touching it, no messages or calls coming through. The screen is off then some random time later it turns back on. Anyone have any ideas why?

On a smaller note too, the number indicator on my email icon that is supposed to say how many new emails I have has stopped updating instantly when I have read or deleted an email...

Thanks in advance if anyoe can help!

I would say that it's an app doing that. Also I've seen the same issue with other phones and it was corrected when you changed the timeout of the display in options. If everything else fails factory reset should work, if that doesnt work then there is a software issue with the ROM

Reactions: Keeper
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones