• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone screen issue.

t12b25

Android Enthusiast
Jul 22, 2012
Miami , Fl
Hi everybody, I turned on my zmax today, switched back from my stylo to give it some use, had to switch back. There's a little area of the screen of the zmax when on a white background on one side it's yellow, the opposite side is white, normal. Any ideas on what this is? Light leakage?. I'm not sure. I appreciate any help you can give me.
Thank you.
Anthony.

Hi everybody, I turned on my zmax today, switched back from my stylo to give it some use, had to switch back. There's a little area of the screen of the zmax when on a white background on one side it's yellow, the opposite side is white, normal. Any ideas on what this is? Light leakage?. I'm not sure. I appreciate any help you can give me.
Thank you.
Anthony.
I couldn't edit it to add the picture silly me forgot. Anyway here it is.

Attachments

• 1444452494430.jpg
    1444452494430.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0
Looks to me like it may have been partially crushed on that side... Ever shove it in a bag without paying attention? Or a back pocket?
That's the weird thing I'm not sure how this phone has that. I haven't carried a bag since college a few years ago, and I keep my phone in my left pocket. On top of that I haven't used my zmax in a week or more. The yellow can only be seen (as far as I can tell) on a white background. Especially on the YouTube video descriptions. It's about 1.5-3 inches if that on the left side . There's no visible damage to the screen with the screen off. Now if as stated the digitizer failed I'm not sure how, because it's been off for a week or so, and nobody comes into the room. Any thoughts about what I have just said?. Thank you, I appreciate all the help I get.
Anthony.

Upvote 0
I don't have a pet. My sisters have a cat, but he stays in the main house or outside. I keep my pad under lock and key including my room. Maybe I just have bad luck with phones. The only phone I dropped was the note 2 years ago that completely shattered the screen. Since then I've taken better care of my phones. Maybe I just have bad luck to have one that just failed, that sucks. Thankfully it's not my only phone. It just frustrates me. Also sucks that I've been trying to unlock the zmax since August and metro doesn't have an unlock code for it. A warranty exchange if I get one might delay that. Sorry bit of a rant. Either way, thank you both for all the help.
Anthony.

Reactions: DeadDude
Upvote 0
Hello everyone fred Colbert all this is new to so please forgive my short coming now, I have a zte zmax from metro pcs , an I m having a lot of problems trying to root my phone . I have been trying Kingroot although when I down load it it's fine . It comes on but won't give me the part of the app that has the start root button on it . Please help .

Upvote 0
Hello everyone fred Colbert all this is new to so please forgive my short coming now, I have a zte zmax from metro pcs , an I m having a lot of problems trying to root my phone . I have been trying Kingroot although when I down load it it's fine . It comes on but won't give me the part of the app that has the start root button on it . Please help .

I threw a shout to Modz for Ya

Did that 15 mins ago also

Got it, thanks guys!
@Fredcolbert, see your thread here:
http://androidforums.com/threads/help-root.955330/

Upvote 0
Hi everybody, ok so I took the phone to my nearest metro store. I gave the phone to the guy, he looked at it and said he has no idea what's wrong with it. Told me to take it to the corporate store for the technician to evaluate it and do a warranty exchange. Does that sound accurate, or is that just an excuse for them not to do it?. Thank you,
Anthony .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi everybody, ok so I took the phone to my nearest metro store. I gave the phone to the guy, he looked at it and said he has no idea what's wrong with it. Told me to take it to the corporate store for the technician to evaluate it and do a warranty exchange. Does that sound accurate, or is that just an excuse for them not to do it?. Thank you,
Anthony .
Any ideas?. I appreciate the help.
Anthony.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones