• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone scrolls up on its own whilst texting?

KJBweb

Lurker
Apr 27, 2011
Sometimes when I'm using the keyboard to text, my phone will randomly scroll up and start to select some of the received texts for deletion if I leave if and carry on typing before scrolling down to hit send.

Anyone else experienced this random scrolling effect?

Cheers,
K

This scrolling appears to be due to hypersensitivity of the optical track pad. I noticed that on sunny days when my back is facing the window, sometimes the phone behaves as if I'm moving the track pad. It doesn't happen at night or on cloudy days. I don't know of any solution other than covering up the optical track pad or just ensure there's nothing really bright behind you when you are using the phone.

Upvote 0
I had this with v2.2.

This is especially annoying in the Messages app, such that the page will scroll up unexpectedly while you're typing a reply.

It also happens on the homescreen, as it seems to want to go the the first homescreen on the right, even if you're on the farthest homescreen on the left.

It doesn't appear to be a trackpad issue. If it was, it will continue to scroll up (or to the right) every few seconds. It simply scrolls just once and in only one direction. If you scroll down (or go to the main homescreen), it would 'want' to scroll back up or right again.

I don't believe it's still there on v2.2.1, though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones