Phone Security (locks)

Last Updated:

1. koticphreak

koticphreak Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have two questions:

1. When I make calls, at the end of the call, the phone seems to be locked (I've noticed this doesn't always happen, but more often than not). Does anyone know how to keep the phone from going back to the pattern screen after a call?

2. Also, I wish there was a way to make the phone take longer to lock than the time the screen goes off. I like the screen going off after 30 seconds (to save battery ofcourse), but I wish I could set the phone not to lock for 2 minutes or so (like 1min 30 secs past the screen going off. Anyone know if this is possible? Appears like "g-lock" would do this, but lots of people are having problems with it and it doesn't function on the Droid?

Advertisement
  2. stanrc

stanrc Member

I think the phone locks after a call if it was locked when the call came in. Not sure about this though.

Many people (including myself) have been looking for a way to delay the lock time but I haven't seen anything that accomplishes this yet.

3. koticphreak

I realize that, but I'm talking about more specifically making a call... Obviously, if you made the call, the phone was unlocked.

4. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

go into settings...sound & display...scroll down to where it says SCREEN TIMEOUT...change that from your current setting (which maybe 15 seconds) to 2 minutes or 10 minutes...

that way when you are on a phone call the phone doesn't go into sleep mode...that's what you are experiencing...

5. koticphreak

That's the general screen timeout, I want that to be 30 seconds to save battery. Thanks for the response, but not quite what I'm looking for...

6. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

sorry bro i've tried going through call settings...but this is the only function/option I found that will cure this so far...

keep us posted if you find a better and easier solution...:D

7. flameboy

flameboy New Member

Search for the app called "AutoLock". It costs .99 but does exactly this and works perfectly.

My screen goes off in 2 minutes but pattern lock doesn't turn on till after 15 minutes.

8. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

Mine doesn't do this.

As for your second question, I think you have to go the app route.

9. tipopilota

tipopilota Well-Known Member

one program also you might want to look into is keepscreen.. it is great for when u r on the phone or even running apps like pandora..

10. ocean1

ocean1 Well-Known Member

+1 autolock ya got to pay as far as I know to change it.

11. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

ScreenModeWidget dows this for free- It has three settings- Sleep Auto(Normal), Awake Stay(Screen will shut off but phone will not sleep/lock and can be lit back up via any hardware button/opening the slider), And Screen Stay(where the screen will of course stay on).

All this in a widget on your homescreen-click to change.

Plus it is FREE:D:D:D

12. koticphreak

This worked great, thanks for the advice, totally worth the 99 cents!
    wish it had the following features though:

1. Disable the unlock slider as well for the delayed period (wake directly to home screen)
    2. Delay lock on user intentional screen turnoff (pressing the top button)

and I just noticed when it locks, you still have to do the slider and then the pattern to unlock... unnecessary.