• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone seems to be loosing signal a lot

james_uk

Android Enthusiast
May 27, 2010
Hi, i am not sure if this could be because i am using a rooted rom, the one from this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2250824

Model: GT-I9505 (4.2.2)
PDA: XXUBMF5
PHONE: XXUBMF5
CSC: OXXBMF2 (29 codes)
Kernel: 3.4.0-768421 (11.06)
Build Date: 11.06.2013

It's not the UK release but i am in the UK, i am finding at least sometime through the day i will go to send a text and my phone will just show a message saying no network signal, i will look at the top of my phone and sometimes the data sign has gone and the bars will be greyed out, i have always been with orange and never really had this issue before now.

the only way i get signal / data back is by restarting my phone and then everything goes back to normal

Does anyone know if it could be the fw i'm using or could it be something else?

Thanks

James

Good afternoon,

I have also been having this problem, so frustrating. It just loses mobile data connection and won't get it back. Also sometimes it loses normal connection too. It happens most when I get off the tube and enter the outside world again. Then I have to restart the phone which always works. Sometimes turning flight mode on/off does the trick, but sometimes even that doesn't work. Sometimes though I'll just be out in broad daylight and it still won't pick up any signal! I can't see it being a problem with T-Mobile, as my girlfriend could be sitting right next to me with her S3 on T-Mobile and she has no issues EVER.

Could it be that I am using a metal case? (probably cheap plastic covered in metal finish to be fair)

I really don't wanna have to send it in or whatever, that is hassle. It's just about tolerable at the moment, just.

So anyway james_uk I cannot answer your question, only add to it, sorry!

Sean

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones