Phone seems to be loosing signal a lotSupport

1. james_uk

james_uk Well-Known Member

Hi, i am not sure if this could be because i am using a rooted rom, the one from this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2250824

Model: GT-I9505 (4.2.2)
    PDA: XXUBMF5
    PHONE: XXUBMF5
    CSC: OXXBMF2 (29 codes)
    Kernel: 3.4.0-768421 (11.06)
    Build Date: 11.06.2013

It's not the UK release but i am in the UK, i am finding at least sometime through the day i will go to send a text and my phone will just show a message saying no network signal, i will look at the top of my phone and sometimes the data sign has gone and the bars will be greyed out, i have always been with orange and never really had this issue before now.

the only way i get signal / data back is by restarting my phone and then everything goes back to normal

Does anyone know if it could be the fw i'm using or could it be something else?

Thanks

James

Advertisement
    :
  2. MISS DIVA

MISS DIVA Well-Known Member

James
    I'm on Tmobile and have also been experiencing this in the past 2/3 weeks.

I've just assumed there have been some network issues for Tmobile/Orange.
  3. ParishL31

ParishL31 Well-Known Member

I have the same problems for the past month in Denver Colorado as well. Recently Denver got LTE and I assumed that caused the problem. However, it sounds like it's a T-Mobile problem across the board.
  4. seanallenuk

seanallenuk New Member

Good afternoon,

I have also been having this problem, so frustrating. It just loses mobile data connection and won't get it back. Also sometimes it loses normal connection too. It happens most when I get off the tube and enter the outside world again. Then I have to restart the phone which always works. Sometimes turning flight mode on/off does the trick, but sometimes even that doesn't work. Sometimes though I'll just be out in broad daylight and it still won't pick up any signal! I can't see it being a problem with T-Mobile, as my girlfriend could be sitting right next to me with her S3 on T-Mobile and she has no issues EVER.

Could it be that I am using a metal case? (probably cheap plastic covered in metal finish to be fair)

I really don't wanna have to send it in or whatever, that is hassle. It's just about tolerable at the moment, just.

So anyway james_uk I cannot answer your question, only add to it, sorry!

Sean