phone sensors malfunctioning...Support

Last Updated:

1. rahjawn

rahjawn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, first hello everyone - I'm new to the site and to the android world. I've had a blackberry and love it but after a while she couldn't it hang. So I bought an android phone (samsung moment).

I only had the phone since this past Thursday as a bday gift to myself. And love it, I'll love it more when I get my app game up.
    but... its f'in up outta nowhere! One, I noticed today my proximity sensor isn't as efficient as I was led to believe, but I can buy a bluetooth; my issue is now that my phone doesn't rotate.

It only rotates when the keyboard is out, but its supposed to auto rotate without the keyboard. And its beginning to bother me. The only application I've downloaded so far was twitdroid. I've never dropped my phone or anything. So... what's the issue? Is there a solution?

~thanks

Advertisement
  2. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

goto settings>sound & display>Orientation.......make sure orientation is checked and there ya go

3. dbelleman

dbelleman Well-Known Member

Did the problem start soon after installing the app?
    Have you checked in settings under sound and display- display settings- orientation and made sure it is checked?

4. rahjawn

rahjawn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It was checked, but I fixed it.

I unchecked it then turned my phone off>on and the prox sensor and the orientation (I guess that's the rotate name) were back to normal... thanks guys!

5. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

yep anytime ive learned over the years with most phones if your having a problem its always good to turn off & pull the battery for about 20 or 30 secs then turn it back on. It doesn't always work but theres ben a lot of problems doing a battery pull fixed for me over the years or just a reset.