• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone service issues/battery life

mtraina7

Dec 10, 2009
So like many of you I updated to 2.0.1 with promises of better battery life. After one full day of use I can see now that my battery life isn't improved as much as the phone allocates battery usage stats to different areas other than display. Yesterday my battery actually died BEFORE it usually does (this is post update mind you) and the usage stats told me that I used it mostly on Phone signal (keeping my phone service active when im in the subway). So it said to turn off the phone signal when you're in an area that can't get a signal to save battery life.

Well..sounds like a plan, right? What about for those of us that use a bluetooth headset for music? I can't turn off my phone service without also turning off my bluetooth via "Airplane Mode." Does anyone know of a way to turn one off without the other. My motorola Q could do it...please tell me my big bad droid can do it too...

I've not tried it as I don't have the need to do what you're speaking of but some had done something similar with WiFi. Its not the best but they put things into Airplane mode and shut off all radios then after that go in and turn on WiFi (in your case bluetooth). Give that a try and see how it treats ya.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones