• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone setting help

bugger

Jun 19, 2010
Florida
I have had my slide for about 2 weeks now and I am having some trouble figuring somethings out.

1. Home Button- when I am in sms/call log/etc and I hit the home button it takes me to my home screen. The next time I enter sms/call log/etc I go right back to where I exited from. (if I am in a particular sms and I exit, when I got back to sms I am in the same one)
Is there anyway to make my home button clear everythign so the next time I go in to sms I am at my list of conversations and not in any particular one? (does that sense) Same goes with internet. If I am on a page, and hit the home button, i go back to my home screen. The next time i hit the internet it take me right back to my last page as opposed to my default page. It gets a little bothersome having to hit the back button until you are completely out of a program. It would be a lot easier to hit the home button and have it clear everything.

Is there an app that does that?

2. Call log- is there anyway to delete a particular number as oppsoed to have to clear the entire list? I have searched but can't seem to find it. Also if I call a number several times throughout the day, it list every single time i call. I can't i just have it list the number once and just update with time called, duration, etc. every time i call it. I don't need to see the same number over and over again in my log.

3. When I start to dial on the keypad to bring up names in my contacts, it brings up everyone on my fb, contact etc... Now when I click on my contact button, i have it set to only list my contact, nothing else (facebook, etc..)
When I pull up the dial pad and starting seaching that way, it pulls everyone (facebook included)
How do i correct that?

I know these may be basic questions so bare with me.
I appreciate your help.

Don't exit with home button use the back button to clear out of the app completely to delete a single call from the log long press it and choose delete, sounds like you want to hide things from your significant other...just a joke don't get upset please. As for the dialer it is a different apk that's why your contact settings don't effect it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones