Phone shuts down all the timeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. sophie999

sophie999 Active Member

I am on the latest available software. All of the sudden, got the black screen with red edges at the periphery. Reboot and battery pull did not help. So I restored to factory settings, which solved it.

Now my phone shuts down as soon as battery goes down to 60% or so. I have to plug it in, then I can turn it back on, and it shows there is stiill more than 50% charge left. So my phone now needs to be charged every 2-3 hours with any usage. It is 1 year old.

Any ideas? Do I need to buy a new battery, or is this more serious issue (with phone itself). I do not have the insurance, so taking it to the store is going to be a bit expensive.

Any ideas are appreciated.

2. anindrew

anindrew Member

I'm having a similar issue, although I am on a rooted ROM. I noticed that my battery has a "bloated" appearance to it. It's not flat all around and is bulging on the top and bottom. I have read that this indicates that the battery is having a major issue and needs to be replaced. I recommend you take a look at yours and see if it is "bloated." Another test you can do with the battery is to place it on a flat surface. If it spins around with a simple flick, that means it isn't flat anymore and has a problem.

Another good question is where do you buy a new battery for the E4GT?
  3. alanzer

alanzer Well-Known Member

I had this issue a couple weeks ago, ended up having to completely reload the rom. I actually installed Kies and told it to update everything so I could be certain it was completely stock (in case I had to take it back to Sprint for some reason). I left it go while I went to dinner and it had finished by the time I got back.

I haven't had any issues with it restarting by itself since then, but I have had issues with LOS. I think I'll settle for that rather than constant reboots though! (Watch, now that I said all this, it will start giving me hell again).

Good luck!
  4. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

You can buy a new battery on ebay or Amazon. But, if it's less than a year old, then it's under manufacturer warranty, and if you pay for any kind of insurance, then that will cover it as well. I just got my new battery from Best Buy today via UPS thanks to my $10 a month insurance.