Phone shuts off and dies at powerSupport

1. mrryanthai

mrryanthai Well-Known Member

Girlfriend's phone was at 40%.Phone shuts off out the blue and I power it back on.phone's dead.Completely stock 2.3.6.Never been rooted.Any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

I have found that in both ctmod and megatron the battery charge indicator is often way off of what the battery is actually at. I know that her phone is not rooted which would mean she's not using either of those roms but they are all based off of the latest 2.3.6 which is prolly what she is using.. its annoying but I don't think its causing problems with the battery.. just not properly displaying what the battery is actually at..

There is nothing you can do that I know of without rooting and to be honest I'm not too sure deleting the batterystats.bin file and recalibrating the battery which you would need root for would do all that much for her anyway..

Recharge her battery and see if the phone works.. if it does then that was prolly the issue..

Another way to tell seems to be to discharge the phone a bit to like 70% and then reboot it.. if you are experiencing the issue I am talking about then your phone will show a dramatic difference in battery charge once rebooted.. when I did it 70% became 40%..
  3. mrryanthai

mrryanthai Well-Known Member

Is there a root guide you can link me?I personally don't know much about this phone at all.Phone's been going downhill a couple after she got it.She's had the phone for almost a year now.
  4. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

5. zer010

zer010 Member

This sounds like the issue I'm having. I've had my TU fro over a year and it's been great. About a week or so ago, it seems that it's not reporting the battery status correctly. The phone can be fully charged and after a while it shuts off. When I turn it back on, it says to connect the charger, battery is at ~4%. I connect the charger and the status changes to what I know it should be, ~70%. I had rooted it with the One-click method before the 2.3.6 update and since the update I haven't rooted it. I tried the hard reset from boot-up, but that doesn't seem to help. I'm also starting to get other issues like netflix not wanting to start... So far I've about given up and bought a cheap-o phone in the mean time. I thought about trying a new ROM, but I don't know if anyone's done any work in the areas of battery reporting or application stability. I love Linux, but Android is turning out to be a mess!
  6. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member