Phone shuts offSupport

Last Updated:

1. msimoens

msimoens Active Member This Topic's Starter

This happened a few times yesterday and once today but my phone has turned off by itself. Today I got a text and I opened the conversation and decided to reply so I opened the keyboard and bam, phone is off. I have to take the battery out in order to start the phone.

I was texting a lot yesterday but I can't say if that was when it would turn off. I uninstalled a few apps to see if that could be a problem but the ones I've uninstalled haven't helped.

Anyone else having this problem or heard of it?

Advertisement
  2. xtina

xtina Member

yeaaa mine actually shut off a few times too.. weird. the battery life is full and stuff.. whats the issue~?!?!?!

3. msimoens

msimoens Active Member This Topic's Starter

i've lessened it by sliding the keyboard softly but this may not be the fix. not sure

4. ctefanie

ctefanie New Member

i was just about to post this too. i know this thread is a year old, but i just recently started having this problem with my g1. i have deleted some apps that i installed in the past week... but my phone still randomnly shuts off. when i'm texting, or calling someone... it randomnly reboots itself. someone please help us :(

5. ctefanie

ctefanie New Member

okay nevermind. my g1 will not even show the "t mobile" screen or "android" ... it is permanently stuck on the grayish black screen. goodbye g1.

6. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

This happened to me and I got a replacement device that works 100% fine. I initially got my G1 on the day it came out so I'm assuming they've made a few improvements since then.

Just call your local T-Mobile store and ask if they have any G1 replacement devices in stock. Tell them the phones is pretty much unusable as it always shuts off when you're doing anything worthwhile. They'll take it back and give you a brand new one for free. At least they did for me.

My problem got REALLY bad... turning off in the middle of calls, not turning back on, turning grey but illuminated, etc... but I think T-Mobile wants you to have a working phone so take it in, explain the problem and get a new one. Tell them you've already been through the troubleshooting stuff so they don't try to "fix" your current device.

7. ctefanie

ctefanie New Member

hm... i don't know if i am able to get a new g1 from tmobile :\. i actually am under att and i bought my phone used haha. i think i am going to try out the mytouch :).