• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone signal dies

Almost since getting this Galaxy Y I have had the trouble of the signal dropping out alltogether. The signal strength bar can be at the top level then it just drops to nil and the circle comes up with a bar through it. I have to restart the phone for it to recieve or send anything. I now get a lot of "Text fail to send" messages and have o do the same with that. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I have had the phone for only a few months so I guess I should go back to the shop but thought I would check here first.

My phone does this, particularly indoors, which of course is where it is mainly used. Took it back to O2 where purchased and although not quite so rude in actual words, it was clear the attitude was, "you bought that phone, all phones reception will vary, so tough --- live with it or buy this super dooper model for

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones