phone slowing down?Support

Last Updated:

1. codyt

codyt Member This Topic's Starter

I havent been able to find any threads to help me out so im gonna ask,

I havent downloaded anything lately on my phone, HTC droid eris... and it has in the past 4 days or so slowed down extremely, and i am now getting the loading screen alot. any suggestions or fixes??

Thanks,

Cody

Advertisement
  2. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

Have you tried a reboot?

3. codyt

codyt Member This Topic's Starter

yeah and i just did the slot thing, taking it from two to zero. that did fix that problem.. but the phone does seem to be over all slower than before. Maybe its just bc the "new car smell" has worn off!

4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Yeah people just get used to their new devices, try going back to your old smart phone and you'll appreciate the new one more =D.

5. iVisionX01

iVisionX01 Member

I notice this happens to all android devices, even my Nexus One (doesn't effect it that much though thanks to the snap dragon.) Try clearing your search history, browser history, etc. that's what i did to speed up my myTouch when i had it. Or you can do a wipe.

6. Maxcap75

Maxcap75 New Member

when you do a wipe (is that a factory reset?) do you loose everything? I would hate to loose all my bookmarks, passwords, and such.

7. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

Welcome to AF Maxcap75 :D

If you do a factory reset you will lose everything that is not backed up. I am assuming you are not rooted so you would lose all app data, which would include browser data. Your apps will be uninstalled but can be redownloaded and may do so automatically. Your contacts should be synced with google.