phone slowing down

1. iown

iown Well-Known Member

my lg esteem is slowing down dramtically.. i have it overclocked at 2.0 ghz with the gingersteem rom... it use to be fast but slowed down.. can anyone help

Advertisement
  2. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

u might wanna lower it down 1708 and 368
  3. iown

iown Well-Known Member

does lowering it speed it up?
  4. mrpnut

no but ur phone needs a rest running 2. every day may cause ur phone to acted up I had that problem now I'm running 1612 /368 and still moving fast
    iown likes this.
  5. mrpnut

no but ur phone needs a rest running 2. every day may cause ur phone to acted up I had that problem now I'm running 1612 /368 and still moving fast
    just try it also I reboot my phone every 12 hrs just to keep it refreshed
    iown likes this.
  6. iown

iown Well-Known Member

oh ok so like 1 day i can run 2.0 then the next i have to give it a rest?
  7. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

The point is since you are stressing the CPU to go faster you have to let it rest a little bit. Even tho when you set the scaling to on demand the speed increases when needed. So decreasing it will make it less stressful for the cpu to operate .
  8. steveg1701

steveg1701 Active Member

Try backing up all your applications and then delete all but the ones you most frequently use. Do you have a lot of widgets? They can eat up all your memory and slow things down substantially if you have too many of them.

Also, it it slow right after booting or does it get slower when you start using it? Solution there may be as simple as getting an industrial strength task killer such as Fast Reboot (the name of this app is a bit deceptive since it doesn't really reboot the phone, it just kills all the running apps). Running this little jewel several times a day can do wonders for your performance and it only takes a few seconds!
  9. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

Running this phone at 2.0, is so unnecessary.
    sk8rgeek likes this.
  10. blitz468

blitz468 Well-Known Member

I may be at the other end of the spectrum on this, but I don't really see the need to go above 1.0/1.2 Ghz. Do you really need 2.0 Ghz to web browse, make a phone call or send a text message? I guess if you play a lot of games with intense graphics then I could see it, but it makes the battery drain faster, and it does stress the phone to run extreme OC and will probably shorten the lifespan of the phone.
    gbiggie likes this.
  11. iown

iown Well-Known Member

well i do like a phone with no lag or wait time just trying to get as much as i can out of my money
  12. blitz468

blitz468 Well-Known Member

Hey man do your thing. I may not use my phone the way you do. I actually scaled mine down to 806Mhz and have left it there for the last three days and I see very little lag, but like I said, I may not use my phone the way you do.
  13. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Well I have you tried using cachemate? I use it when my phone gets a little slow. clears up all the cache and improves the speed.
  14. travioso

travioso Well-Known Member

+1.. Also reducing running apps and widgets..