• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Phone stand

I've been after a cradle for a while, had one for my hero cos I like to use it as a night clock. I've got a couple of questions if you don't mind :)

How securely does the DHD sit in the cradle? Since it's a quite large and heavy phone I'd hate for it to put a strain on the micro usb and 3.5mm ports.

Also, on the photos it shows the back of the cradle having a mini usb port not a micro. Is that the case or is it just a stock image? Doesn't really matter either way, I was just curious!

Thanks in advance :)

Upvote 0
It has the same ports as you see in the image. I believe the port label dc is only for power and not data, although I haven't tried it. It sits very securly in the cradle, although it can be tricky to put in sometimes as you're plugging in two things to two ports on the phone.

I have had an issue with it though, and its quite a strange one. When my phone is in the cradle, unless I'm touching the phone with my hand elsewhere on the body of the phone, it interprets something as a second touch on the screen. This only happens when charging and not if its unplugged. So if I go to swipe to another screen on my desktop it will instead 'pinch' out to the desktop overview screen showing all my desktop pages. As soon as I touch the body of the phone with my other hand, or put the same hand around the ophone and swipe with my thumb it works fine again. Its extremely odd.

Reactions: Amerie
Upvote 0
Thanks for that, I think I'll take the plunge and order one.
The issue you had with it sounds strange, seems to me like it has something to do with exactly how it is sat in the cradle, when you hold the body you probably adjust the position slightly. I could be wrong though!

Once it's in the cradle it is completely secure; it doesn't rock etc. - the 2 ports and the groove it sits in keeps it well anchored.

I've not noticed the issue KFR42 has had but not really paid attention to be honest and if it happened I probably told myself it was my error. Will keep an eye out for that now though.

Reactions: Amerie
Upvote 0
I have had an issue with it though, and its quite a strange one. When my phone is in the cradle, unless I'm touching the phone with my hand elsewhere on the body of the phone, it interprets something as a second touch on the screen. This only happens when charging and not if its unplugged. So if I go to swipe to another screen on my desktop it will instead 'pinch' out to the desktop overview screen showing all my desktop pages. As soon as I touch the body of the phone with my other hand, or put the same hand around the ophone and swipe with my thumb it works fine again. Its extremely odd.

I checked and have found the same issue. When charging if i touch the screen at all, and the only physical contact with the phone is at that touch point, it just alternates between the home screen and the "homescreens" over view. Also if I touch the "back" arrow in the same way it does weird things like open "google", my SMS app. If I touch the screen/back button with another part of my hand touching the phone e.g. thumb touching side then all operates as normal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones