phone starts ringing while typing then freezes

Last Updated:

1. discohornet

discohornet Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so twice today I am in the middle of texting someone and the phone rings. texter freezes, phone keeps ringing and I can't flip to answer it. Whole phone frozen. First time it happened I was using swipe so i uninstalled. Second time i was using stock, even got rid of handcent(but that's because it was jumbling my contacts).

It just kinda sucks to have this many problems with a phone. I almost don't want ANY apps if everytime I put one on I have to wonder what it's screwing up.

Sorry to sound like a complainer I just need a phone that's going to work. I make a living working for myself and if I have to pull the battery every time someone calls while I'm trying to text someone then it's quickly going to come to pass that i need a different phone.

Advertisement
  2. KeithG

KeithG Well-Known Member

Just tried it. Using basic messaging app.

Was composing the message, then rang my phone. I was typing along... phone starts to ring.

The end result is it worked just fine. The call screen came up. It took about 2 seconds before the on screen keyboard vanished. I answered the call. Then hung up. The messaging compose activity was then restored with my half typed message waiting for me to continue.

It would be interesting to see if you threw adb/logcat at it, and reproduced the issue if there were any exceptions thrown.

Sorry to hear it's giving you so much trouble.

3. discohornet

discohornet Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If you could help me understand how to run those things I'd gladly test it out.