Phone Status Displaying Old Number After Porting From Other Network

Last Updated:

1. Justabadlittleboy

Justabadlittleboy Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Not really a "problem" per se, but an annoyance. I ported my number across to Orange from Voda but in the Phone Status the MSISDN field is still displaying the old number. It's not that I can't remember my number (it's a memorable no. which is why I wanted to keep it), but it's annoying me as I can't seem to get this field to reflect the change. I've tried rebooting it after leaving the SIM out but no difference. Is this just a "bug" or is it something Orange will have to fix/update for me by sending a request to my SIM or something? Thanks. ;)

Advertisement
  2. kingvortex

kingvortex Well-Known Member

I have seen seen this problem posted on other forums, but have not experienced it myself.
    The general consensus from other topics regarding this seems to be that you have to put your SIM card in another phone and edit the number manually, as there doesn't seem to be a way to do it on the Hero.
    Just as an example, if you have access to a Sony Ericsson phone, put the SIM in there then-
    Phonebook
    Options
    Special numbers
    My numbers
    Mobile
    Then edit the number there to the correct one. When you put the SIM back in your Hero, the correct number SHOULD be displayed.
    There may be an easier way to do this, but that should work as long as you have access to another phone;).

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

So it's somehow remembering the original number assigned to the SIM, ignoring the new ported one? I had a similar issue when moving to the Hero (Orange contract upgrade but new SIM), and it corrected itself within a few hours.