• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone storage is FULL. (not)

My phone is telling me that my storage is FULL. There is NO way that is possible. When I go to settings, it says I have 6.43GB free. How the hell do I fix this?

I had this issue and called VZW support who then called HTC support. Their "fix" was to have me do a hard-reset. Granted, the "storage space low" error message went away - but it doesn't actually fix the underlying issue.

Others on the forum have speculated that the error is caused by a bug in the default mail application.

Upvote 0
I think I have solved on my HTC incredible, which has 8GB, says 7GB remaining, but I get Phone Storage Full errors, and I cannot download apps nor MMS and other problems

I had my Exchange email set to download all my email and calendar, and I think the storage was actually full and misreporting it had space. I set the email sync to get only 30 days, waited for a long re-sync (which effectively deleted many emails), and now all failing apps are working again and phone storage full errors gone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones