Phone storage is FULL. (not)Support

Last Updated: 2010-08-07 16:32:44
  1. Steve03Merc

Steve03Merc Well-Known Member

My phone is telling me that my storage is FULL. There is NO way that is possible. When I go to settings, it says I have 6.43GB free. How the hell do I fix this?

Advertisement
  2. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

I believe there are other threads on this issue. I haven't personally have it, but others have. Search around for similar threads.
  3. margelef

margelef Member

I had this issue and called VZW support who then called HTC support. Their "fix" was to have me do a hard-reset. Granted, the "storage space low" error message went away - but it doesn't actually fix the underlying issue.

Others on the forum have speculated that the error is caused by a bug in the default mail application.
  4. Mr Marcus

Mr Marcus Well-Known Member

When that happened to me, I switched to the Gmail app, and (knock on wood) it hasn't happened since. Not saying that's DEFINITELY it, but it seemed to be it for me... after the reset, that was the only thing I changed.
  5. MTC

MTC Well-Known Member

i saw this for the first time on my phone today when i tried to use the camera. my pics arent showing up either. i think i forgot to eject my phone when unplugging it from my camera
  6. jiggs49us

jiggs49us Active Member

A Verizon tech walked me through a hard reset and recommended K9 email instead of HTC mail. She said Verizon sent an internal email memo discussing the known problem and the k9 app. I have gmail and k9 for my other 2 addresses. Worked for me.
  7. Spinozz

Spinozz Member

I think I have solved on my HTC incredible, which has 8GB, says 7GB remaining, but I get Phone Storage Full errors, and I cannot download apps nor MMS and other problems

I had my Exchange email set to download all my email and calendar, and I think the storage was actually full and misreporting it had space. I set the email sync to get only 30 days, waited for a long re-sync (which effectively deleted many emails), and now all failing apps are working again and phone storage full errors gone.