• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone storage space is getting low

tkondaks

Lurker
Apr 2, 2012
I have an LG-p500h but I couldn't find that exact model in the headings under Android phones, so I am posting here...hope you can help me.

It is an Android 2.2.1 and I'm very happy with it BUT I keep getting the "phone storage space is getting low" message...and it isn't letting me work my gmail!

I have already deleted several gigabytes of cached files and that helped for about 3 days...then I got the message again.

Questions:

1) what else can I do?

2) on one of your forums, it was suggested that I move some apps to the sd card which I did by clicking on the message, going to an app and clicking on the "move to sd" button (after "clearing data") but will this do the trick? Because it didn't after moving a few apps.

3) will moving an app to the sd card allow me to still access those apps? I ask because one of the icons to one of the apps I moved didn't work.

I thank you in advance for your attention to these queries...

Hello and welcome aboard.

If you are still getting the "low storage" error message, after moving a large amount of applications to the sd card, then you either have to move some more are uninstall a few.

Most time this error message usually goes away after moving most of the (movable) apps to the SD card, and then restart the device.

Most applications won't work well when stored an the sd card. But that's usually with the widget not the actual app.

Upvote 0
Also, If you have a lot of pictures and videos stored on your phone, back them up to an external device like a computer or something, then remove them from your phone. My wife was getting a low storage message on her Atrix 4G which has 10 GB of local storage and on her 4 GB SD card. Come to find out, she had losts of videos and over 500 photos on the phone. Once I backed them up to our computer and removed them from her phone, problem solved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones