"Phone storage space is getting low"

1. nastynazz

nastynazz Active Member

so i have a "low on space" message on my phone and i was wondering how to clear up some space in order to remove this message from my phone. I have a 2gig SD card (i know its not much) but as i check the usage the memory keeps getting lower and lower on my phones internal hard drive and im not even downloading anything! can you guys give me some tips on what to do?

will sending all my contacts to my SD card help? if so how do i do that?

also any other methods on how to clear up space. thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Well deleting unnecessary apps can help
  3. nastynazz

nastynazz Active Member

all my apps are on my imported onto my SD card, its my phones internal memory i need help with
  4. Mexjoker

How about all the apps can't be moved to your sd card?
  5. nastynazz

nastynazz Active Member

6. Mexjoker

Wait what are the default apps? Like system apps or apps you downloaded?
  7. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

Um... squeeze as much room as possible out of your phone by rooting and removing bloatware (stock APPS you don't need but can't otherwise delete) and and media files you don't want (stock ringers and wallpaper )
  8. VeNoMzRevenge

VeNoMzRevenge Well-Known Member

Do you get this error for trying to install one app? Are you rooted?
  9. SecretFlamez

SecretFlamez Well-Known Member

Apps like Google currents or News apps auto Download news that they think that you want to read , so be carefull , Even on SD , they can send it to phone memory if you allow it
  10. nastynazz

nastynazz Active Member

no its just the stock apps that came with the phone and to be honest I don't know what being "rooted" means...what is that?

so what do you recommended me doing? should I get a bigger SD card? idk if that would help because its still my internal memory being effected
  11. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Well-Known Member

Have you tried a cache cleaner? Some people using the stock browser on the Optimus had all of their memory used by cached data. There are multiple different ones in the market.
  12. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

I would look into a cache cleaner as stated above and think about rooting...

Rooting means you essentially enable an administrative Backdoor that let's you access files you are normally locked out of.

APPS keep a cache of certain things like icons and forms to make reloading them faster but that also means that they eat up phone space... common culprits are Reddit Is Fun, Google Maps, Twatter, Facebook and internet browsers. I just dumped 64mb of ram using cachemate for root users so maybe a non-root cache cleaner can help you.. the other option is to clear caches one at a time by going to menu/applications/your app here and scrolling down until you see the clear cache button.
  13. nastynazz

nastynazz Active Member

i actually fixed my issue. Looks like the "my metro" app was taking over 1.5 gigs of data space! my internal memory is only at 2 gigs so this was the main issue. thanks for your help guys, i picked up some good future tips to stay memory free haha
  14. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Well-Known Member

WOW!!! That is ridiculous
  15. KA24DERACER

KA24DERACER Well-Known Member

Yah, HOORAY FOR CRAPPY STOCK APPS. Metro is one of the worst for this. As I recall, MyMetro does do a couple of things that would cache large amounts of data, like news and such. Try going into its settings and either telling it to store everything on the SD card, or simply not downloading anything at all. There are FAR better apps for ANYTHING MyMetro does.
  16. HayleyFromNY

HayleyFromNY New Member

Actually, my phone was just saying "low storage" this morning and I got it to go away by doing the following instructions. Blot Menu>Go to settings>Applications>Manage Applications> Then just like go through all your apps and hit "Clear data" and clear the Cache. Hehe now there you go! Bye ;)
  17. myshkin

myshkin Well-Known Member

Hey you....remember this topic? lol