1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

"Phone storage space is getting low"

1. nastynazz

nastynazz Active Member

so i have a "low on space" message on my phone and i was wondering how to clear up some space in order to remove this message from my phone. I have a 2gig SD card (i know its not much) but as i check the usage the memory keeps getting lower and lower on my phones internal hard drive and im not even downloading anything! can you guys give me some tips on what to do?

will sending all my contacts to my SD card help? if so how do i do that?

also any other methods on how to clear up space. thanks

Advertisement
  2. nastynazz

nastynazz Active Member

3. Ære

Ære Well-Known Member

Check under: settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > locate - mymetro app and check the memory. That app I've seen eat up 2gb of memory before, if so select it, clear data and force stop. Or root and remove that app and if that's not the problem then there is another app that's eating up memory. Look through the 'all tab' list to find which app is consuming a lot of memory. Clear cache/data.
  4. myshkin

myshkin Well-Known Member

Partition your sdcard & use link2sd. It saves you a lot of space. I'm surprised that everyone doesn't automatically do this......
  5. schemppjr80

schemppjr80 Well-Known Member

I have been using that since I had my ascend and I also had darktremors (sorry if I spelled the name wrong) a2sd script along with his app from the play store on my old ascend and man did they both save me a lot of space cause the ascend didn't come with a whole lot of space built in it so we had to use them. But this phone (connect) does have some space built in it and I still use link2sd and it definitely helps me get much more space but it would b awesome if darktremor had a script for our phone cause I liked how much more space we could all get from it. I think the app still works without the script but just not fully. Im not sure though but definitely use the link2sd app after partioning ur sd card