Phone Storage Too Low

1. allysaca

allysaca New Member

My phone always tells me that phone storage too low. What is the best way to prevent this from happening without having to delete apps. Is there any way to move all photos and contact info to sd card?

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Move the apps to the SD card
  3. YaBoiD

YaBoiD Well-Known Member

You should almost always store all your pictures on your SD card.
    Try this app App 2 SD (move apps to SD) - Android app on AppBrain & move some of your apps to SD also.
  4. skittlesV1

skittlesV1 Well-Known Member

ive done all this and still dont have enough room because all my apps, is there a way to trick the phone to move all the apps to the sd card? or does anyone have other suggestions?
  5. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

By default, all Pictures and Video taken by the camera are stored on the SD card. I don't even think it's possible to store user files in main memory.

I believe you can move all apps to the SD card if you're rooted. Otherwise, the developer has to change the app in order to be movable to the SD card with Froyo.

You must have a lot of apps installed to hit that ceiling. How much main memory is available and how much on the SD card?
  6. skittlesV1

I am rooted, so how can I move my apps to the sd? This is killing me, I got like 30 mb of internal left and it wont let me install new apps because its so low and i got like 10 gb left on my sd
  7. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

It doesn't seem to be an easy process, but try this:

Apps to SD card app - xda-developers

EDIT: Actually, that's an old pre-Froyo post so I'm not sure if it's wise. You can try searching the XDA web site as they are the experts.
  8. skittlesV1

yeah and i cant search it because it takes out the words to sd so when i search for apps to sd it just searches apps
  9. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

90% of my apps were able to be moved to the SD card. I still only have about 45mb left on my internal memory. I wish HTC just gave us 4 or 8gb of internal space. (Like Droid x). It would make things so much easier.