Phone stuck - ANDROIDSupport

1. janice914

janice914 Member

This week the phone did some stock APPS updates. Then I get a message saying memory low. I left work and I had my normal icon screen and I put the phone in my purse. 45 minutes later I get home, take the phone out and it is stuck with ANDROID on the screen. I have never connected the phone to the computer. I have less than 50 pictures in my Gallery (probably about 30). I have downloaded probably less than 20 apps. I have no music loaded. I don

Advertisement
  2. yogi-4

yogi-4 Well-Known Member

Pull the battery, wait 90 seconds then reinstall battery and reboot. Just might be a glitch. But that should get you back into your phone at least for further analasys.
  3. janice914

janice914 Member

Nope, I turn the power button on, it slows V/M then the red screen, then ANDROID. And that's where it stays.
  4. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Try pulling the battery and holding the power button down for 5-10 sec.
    If does not fix the problem you might think about returning the phone. The warranty is good for a year thru LG
  5. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Trying a factory reset of the phone may fix the issue as it could be simply a corrupt file stopping the boot process from completing.

This will wipe all of your user settings and set the phone back to factory defaults
    , but it will not wipe anything saved to your SD Card.

1. Turn the phone off.
    2. Press and hold the following keys for over 5 seconds: Down Volume key + Home key + Power key
    3. When the power turns on, release these keys.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your device

If this does not help, you might need to return the phone.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
  6. janice914

janice914 Member

Thanks to all. I took it to the Sprint store and they reset it. They said by using the Down Volume key + Power key. They didn't mention the Home key. :)