Phone stuck in 1x?Support

Last Updated: 2012-10-05 20:52:18
  1. keeithh01

keeithh01 New Member

Hi, I tried searching for how to fix this and I couldn't figure it out.. I recently got this phone and I was having the "radio interference" error nonstop, so I tried the ##CLEAR# and hitting reset function that a lot of people said helped them and I actually stopped getting the error since then.

However, since I've done this, my phone has been stuck in 1x. I have a great connection where I live, I've had virgin mobile for years. I can even turn on my 4g and get a great connection, but I don't understand how to get my 3G back? I've tried taking out the battery, switching back and forth between airplane mode and nothing.

All other threads I've seen where people complain of 1x get replies saying they have a bad connection in that area, but I'm POSITIVE that isn't the case (I have 4-5 bars constantly...) Any idea how to enable my 3G?

Advertisement
  2. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

I would either try a factory reset or give virgin a call. Obviously you should always try calling from a different phone but just a heads up if you ever have to call from your cell dial 611 instead of the 800 number it won't use your minutes.
  3. coco3133

coco3133 Well-Known Member

novox77 likes this.
  4. ninite

ninite Active Member

Just started getting the 1X after being down for the last two days.
  5. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

It might be a cell tower that's temporarely offline. :smokingsomb:
  6. jgriner

jgriner Well-Known Member

most of the time, i have data problems, no matter what phone. i turn off data and turn it back on, fixes most problems.
  7. mydrdrcks

mydrdrcks Member

OK, so update! I have been having the same issue as you...I did the ##CLEAR# about a day or so ago..and ever since then it has been showing 1X and my speeds have DROPPED...well..today I thought..lemme do the ##CLEAR# again and see if that helps...I just did it...and BAM...it says 3G again and my speeds are back at the way they should be...try it...hope it works for you! :D
  8. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

You can try flashing another prl
  9. skippy126

skippy126 Well-Known Member Contributor

I had this same problem a month or so ago. I was able to correct it by updating my profile. Settings, System Updates, Update Profile.